Monday, May 12, 2008

A Molding of Words

I thought it an odd, yet fun change of pace to post some poetry... in lieu of the usual smattering of words, opinions, and observations.

DEAR YESTERDAY

Minutes burn away, erasing tender moments we once shared together.
Now, only fleeting reflections of a distant past flicker their fading images on the screen of a weary mind.

Tick

It wasn’t long ago we were embraced in the arms of life, enjoying cool walks in the silvery rays of a moonlit stage.
Above us the star-speckled sky winked.
Heads would turn. Eyes would gaze with envy.
Together we shared of each other.
The world stopped its relentless turn. Seasons never changed.
Present played its Siren song, while past idled by on a park bench, lost in thought.
What we knew was what we loved, and future warmed our side.

Tick, Tick

Now gray, wintry days stretch for miles, and nights go on for years.
I long for times gone by, while future ambles off.
Past warms the bench to one side, distance spans my right.
And in the air a droning pulse resounds.

Tick, Tock

2 comments:

Jana said...

Dear Dreamiest Aron, I'm so glad you said hi and found us in blog world.

Mindy Heywood said...

Hey Aron!! I'm glad you found my blog. What a fun job you have. I also ended up writing for a living. I'm an Instructional Designer and I create instructor-led and web-based training courses for Fortune 500 companies. Funny though, I worked for Sylvan Learning Centers as a District Manager for a long time and I saw that you applied for a position there. Small world. Sorry we never contacted you. That whole situation was kind-of messy. Anyway, let's keep in touch. Very nice poetry.

The Saturnine Examination of Saul Goodman